Thursday, December 30, 2010

Pride and Parody

Hello Reader!

 
Simple Times by Amy Sedaris
 Sorry for the gap in posts, but you know when one gets to crafting, the blogging takes a back seat. So, to start, I have a review (sort of) of Simple Times by Amy Sedaris. Much like her talented brother, David Sedaris who has written many memoirish, hilarious books, their humor is a little offbeat, and seems to be equally appealling to and appalling people. Sometimes, the same people at different times! I find that more with Amy’s books, they alternately crack me up and creep me out. And her latest is all about how people are on the crafting bandwagon these days in the spirit of saving money and expressing their artistic side with varying results. Craft parody all over the place. I figure, if I can’t laugh about my crafty craziness, then I think I might go off the deep end.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, when did you post all of this?? I didn't see any notifications! I've never heard of this book! Too funny!!! I think I'll have to add it to my 'to read' list! And I think I'll have to add a few more exclamation points just to top this comment off!!!

    ReplyDelete