Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Thuriffic Thursday

Thuriffic Thursday



So...a couple of weeks ago, I was on vacation in NYC and was able to attend the taping for the Anderson show! The show hadn't started airing yet, but those full page ads in the magazines had nothing on me, I wasn't going to miss a chance to see one of my FAVs, Anderson Cooper. Of course the topic of the show wasn't revealed to us, so we were genuinely suprised when the main guest was another one of my favs Kathy Griffin! It was pretty awesome, even if we were most likely the shortest 3 audience members sitting in the last row behind tall people. That is what dvr's are for, people. AC was just like you (or I) had imagined him to be, really personable, taking questions/comments during the downtime; and explaining the basics of the production process of a big time talk show. :) As if being in the audience for what turned out to be the second episode wasn't enough, we also received a CD to the broadway musical 'how to succeed in business w.o trying' and 2 tix to the wax museum. The silver fox of CNN was made by the madame tussaud people. Alas, I didn't have time to go to the museum that week, which is just as well since I would have been most interested in seeing his wax alter ego there, and it didn't make a debut until the following week. ah. tv magic. Unfortunately, unlike my Martha audience experience, they were more vigilant about the no camera policy and I didn't get a chance to take any pictures inside the studio. :/

Here's what his studio overlooks, Columbus Circle...


Anyway, later on that night, my sister and I hit FNO (Fashion Night Out 2011) we thought we would check out the pop-up Target/Missoni store. We walzed/cabbled it over leisurely around 8pm only to find that the line was literally around the block. It was so long, we couldn't see the end of it! The next day, the paper said it was 400 people long, and some people had been waiting online (that is the way new yorkers talk) since noon for the 6pm opening. Well, even people who live under a rock (or on the east side in a deluxe apartment in the sky, like my sister) knew what a zoo the Missoni Shop created, and the rest is history. We hit H&M which had a live dj and Zara which also had one who had packed up before we got there.

2 comments:

  1. beans don't burn on the grill!!

    um, i thought you'd have a pic you and and AC....preferably with him down on one knee?? did i miss something?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @selina, I did have one of him down on one knee, but he was tying his shoe!! ;)

    ReplyDelete