Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Crafty shopping right in your own backyard

Happy Day 2 of your month of craft greatness. I think this is a good time to talk about the craft stores in your neighborhood, and my fav haunts for craft goodies.

I love any kind of supply store, office, restaurant, hardware...just let me loose in one of those and I can be entertained for quite a while. I'm sure most people know the obvious great crafty places to shop... Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Texas Art Supply, JoAnn's (which is so much more than just fabric!), Hancock Fabrics. I know I can spend hours just perusing websites until my laptop battery runs out, but there really is no comparison to walking down those aisles in person and grabbing a handful of sequins and pins, running to the check-out and creating at will!!!

You will be pleasantly surprised if you take a critical eye with you to your local Home Depot or Lowe's. They do have a lot of home decor items, but then there are pure hardware things that I have no clue how to use properly that would be perfect addition for a yet to be named art project!

Ohh, let's not forget the grandaddy of them all, the Dollar Store!! I don't know how I nearly missed mentioning it, as there are whole blogs devoted to the greatness of the $store.

No comments:

Post a Comment