So once that was down, I 'burned' my design which was to screen a tote bag for my book club buddies. With lots of help from my awesome crafting buddies, we had a good little assembly line going, and voila!
Thursday, September 30, 2010
meet the flockers
Let's see, dear reader, as I am somewhat sure I only have one :) if I can recount the crafts of the past month... I should start w/ the bonanza from August which was getting re-aquainted with the world of silk screening, which I love! A few years ago when I tried it for the first time, I stuck with more crude and time consuming method of cutting out stencils from plastic. This time, I went to the big leagues, photoemulsion, which is not for the faint of heart. I read about it all over the net and what you hear is true, it takes a lot of trial and error. Lots of errors on my part until I finally got it to work. It's all in the timing of exposing your design to the light, and I was overdoing it by underestimating the power of the SUN!