Thursday, June 9, 2011

the smoking glue gun

I awoke to find a message from the craft mafia urging me in no uncertain terms to update my blog. Well, it certainly worked to clear my blogger's-block. I'm just glad they didn't resort to mutilate my glue gun to get the message across a la "The Godfather" and the horse's head. (though I've never seen the movie, I still understand the message!!)

So here goes...the following combine some of my favorite things, a couple of which are graphic design, and themes/mood boards.

I have found there are some things on the internet that people just don't tell you about, you have to find out for yourself. Pinterest and Polyvore are just 2 such things. In the (my) world of craft, these have blown me away. But I'm going to share...

Pinterest lets you 'pin' photos of things that you like or find interesting somehow.

Polyvore is an amped up Pinterest where you can create mood boards with the entire internet (or anything you upload) at your disposal.

I've done this mood board type crafting before with scissors, paper, and glue, and let me just say that Polyvore is AMAZING. I always felt limited by the magazines I had on hand, and then not being able to keep track of what it was I had cut out for future reference. Sure, Polyvore is geared as a shopping site, but it is soooo much more. My secret ambition to be a graphic designer can practically come true. You must try it, but be aware, you will become addicted, just as I have, and you will be a polyvore adorer too. Read on to see my attempt at a polyvore 'set' page.

2 comments:

  1. A mutilated glue gun....stamp pads left open to dry out....stamps used and not cleaned....sounds just as frightening to wake up to as the horse head.... ;) Did I just sound evil???

    OK, OK! Polyvore is awesome. I get it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg. Those dried up stamp pads are diabolical!!! Remind me to stay on your good side!!!!

    ReplyDelete